LEXINGTON, Ky., May 2, 2011 – The world’s biggest name in Big Fans introduces Yellow Jacket, the portable fan that takes abuse and stays in use. Five years in development, Yellow Jacket is designed for incredible flexibility and amazingly quiet operation, but most importantly, it’s so smashingly durable it will never need to be replaced. In fact, it’s guaranteed for life* because it’s engineered with all of the heavy-duty and operational characteristics that make it worthy of the Big Ass Fans name:
- Heavy-gauge steel carriage engineered to withstand the harshest environments
- Powerfoil-inspired blades for maximum efficiency and airflow coverage
- Acoustically designed fan, motor and carriage for the quietest operation you’ve never heard
- Oversized wheels and ergonomic handle for superior maneuverability
- Multiple speeds and an easily operated locking position mechanism put the amount and direction of airflow at your control
- High efficiency design to cut energy use by over 50%
- Incredibly flexible with ceiling, wall, or multiple floor mounting options available
Listening to customers and their needs, Big Ass Fans took a highly engineered, problem solving approach to address the endless repair-and-replace cycle of current fans and employed the air movement expertise for which all Big Ass Fans are known. The result is the most durable and quiet fan in its class- a fan good enough to be called a Big Ass Fan. To learn more about Yellow Jacket, visit or call 877-Big Fans (877-244-3267).
*Limited lifetime warranty; certain exclusions apply.
EMBARGO DATE: April 15, 2011
About Big Ass Fans
Big Ass Fans is the leading manufacturer of huge ceiling fans for large industrial, agricultural, commercial and residential settings. Big Ass Fans range in size from 6 feet to 24 feet in diameter, using low horsepower motors to generate energy-efficient air movement for large spaces. Big Ass Fans can be used year round to provide occupant comfort and energy savings. There are over 50,000 Big Ass Fans installed worldwide in applications such as manufacturing plants, distribution centers, horse arenas, dairy barns, stadiums, art galleries, restaurants, health clubs, zoos and homes! Product solutions include Yellow Jacket™, Powerfoil®X™, Powerfoil®X Plus™, AirGo™, and the new Element® and Isis® designed for commercial spaces. For more information about Big Ass Fans, please visit the Web site at www.bigassfans.com.